Emergency Childcare Available
As part of Governor Walz's emergency executive order, school districts will provide childcare for healthcare and emergency personnel workers. We are asking that families that need emergency childcare during the time of March 30th-April 3rd to enroll in our program. All mandated child care would be suspended when school would resume.
Registration is open now and required before attending the program. We have more details in our FAQs. Please contact us with any additional questions you may have by emailing CeCares@district279.org or calling 763-585-7281.
Download the full list of emergency workers whose children qualify for this care.
Emergency Childcare sites will be closed the week of April 6th- April 10th, as that is the approved Spring Break week for Osseo Area Schools.
Following the Executive Orders issued by the Governor, school districts are directed to provide care to district enrolled students age 12 and under who are children of emergency workers. Schools are not required to provide this care during previously scheduled breaks reflected on a school board approved calendar.
What you should know:
The new program will begin on Monday, March 30th. We will operate Monday-Friday from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm on days that school would normally be open.
Our regular childcare program along with Four Star Express and SPOT is suspended until further notice. Instead, we are offering an emergency childcare program for healthcare and emergency workers (as defined by the state of Minnesota - see paragraph above.)
Childcare will be provided at 3 locations from March 30 - April 3, we will limit the daily count at each site to be no more than 50 students at one time. Please know we may offer you a different site if your initial site is full.
- Oak View Elementary: 6710 E Fish Lake Rd, Maple Grove 55369
- Edinbrook Elementary: 8925 Zane Avenue North, Brooklyn Park 55443
- Weaver Lake Elementary: 15900 Weaver Lake Rd, Maple Grove 55311
SCHOOL HOURS OPTION - District emergency care: Osseo Area Schools is offering child care for Tier 1 and Tier 2 emergency workers at no cost from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
FULL DAY OPTION - Before- and after-school care (or wrap-around care) will be available to families at a charge of $30.00 per day. This means your student can be dropped off as early as 6:30 am, and must be picked up no later than 6:00 pm. If you do not need wrap-around care, you will not be able to drop off before 9:00 am and will need to pick up at or before 3:00 pm.
-- You will be asked to provide employment verification as part of the registration process. Verification includes an employee work badge, copy of an employee work badge, pay stub, and/or a letter from your employer. Please send any verification to our business office by emailing it to CeCares@district279.org. This is required before your registration can be accepted. You may also be asked at the site to provide this when you check in for the first time on site.
-- If you have registered for other Community Ed programs and have a login in Eleyo, please use your current login and password while registering for the Emergency Childcare program. If you forgot your password, click "Forgot Password?" and a link will be sent to your email to reset it. The program you should register for is "Emergency Childcare for Health Care Workers, Emergency Responders, and District 279 Employees."
-- Questions? Contact (763) 585-7281.
|Four Star Express (4 year olds)||Kidstop (Grades K-5)|
|SPOT (Grades (6-8)||Summer (Entering Grades K-8)|
|2019-2020 School Year Brochure (Printable)||2019-2020 School Year Brochure (Text)|
|2020-2021 School Year Brochure (Printable)|
Welcome to Kidstop!
Kidstop is a choice-based, high quality and enriching school-age care experience for children in Kindergarten - 5th grade.
- Whether your child craves challenge and adventure, connection and friendships, or just wants to chill, Kidstop offers engaging opportunities as unique as your child. Every aspect of what we do has your child in mind. Choice-base programming allows your child to make choices about how they want to spend their time while in our program.
We offer a quality and enriching school age care experience.
- We build our program around student choice, which promotes their emerging independence and leadership.
- We build the core of the district mission into our programs by engaging students in active learning.
- We provide homework help to students in the program.
- We work to build each child’s confidence, courage, and competence by creating a “can do” environment.
- We understand children and recognize the special gifts each brings to our programs. We build off of this and support each child to realize his or her unique importance.
- We do and bring in fun! Gadgets, Clubs, Fit-4-Fun! Curriculum, Science, Service Projects, Literacy, Smoothie Makers, Dehydrators, and Innovative Games gives you a glimpse of what we do.
- We create an environment that supports the culture and background of each child.
We are confident that if you use our program your child will make new friends, experience enriching activities and have a fun time!
Kidstop School Year Sites:
|Basswood Elementary||Cedar Island Elementary||Edinbrook Elementary|
|Elm Creek Elementary||Fernbrook Elementary||Oak View Elementary|
|Rice Lake Elementary||Rush Creek Elementary||Weaver Lake STEM|
|Woodland Elementary||Zanewood Community School*|
*Birch Grove, Fair Oaks, Palmer Lake, and Park Brook Kidstop families are supported through the Zanewood Kidstop Program.