The Enrollment and Capacity Management Advisory Committee is a critical element of the planning and communication framework created by the Enrollment and Capacity Management Task Force in February 2016.
The purpose of the Enrollment and Capacity Management Advisory Committee is to analyze information affecting enrollment, capacity, and building use, and to generate observations and recommendations to be communicated to district administration. Read the 2018-2019 Summary of Progress report.
Observations and recommendations will:
- Be concise and informed by data
- Align with district racial equity work
- Be sustainable
- Identify and examine the implications for all students
- Identify potential costs and consider funding strategies
- Be made with as much advance notice as possible when change is recommended
Attendance at meetings is by member appointment only
Attendance at ECMAC meetings (including all sub-committee meetings) is by member appointment only.
There are other ways community members can be informed about the group’s work and provide feedback on eventual recommendations:
- All meeting materials are posted below.
- All school board work sessions that have ECMAC items on the agenda are video recorded and can be found below.
- Updates on the group’s work are regularly included in the district’s parent e-newsletter, 279Connect, and the districtwide postcard mailing (Oct, Feb, May).
- Multiple avenues for feedback will be offered when ECMAC is ready to propose potential solutions to over-capacity conditions.
Meeting dates, locations and materials
Note: For security reasons, images of school floorplans are removed from documents prior to being posted below.
September 23, 2019
Potential number of students affected by potential relocation of STEM program
Magnet Schools of America feasibility study
Capacity Calculation: FY18-FY19 comparisons Average class sizes vs target class sizes
October 7, 2019
Elementary Capacity Assumptions
Secondary Capacity Assumptions
Building Capacity Totals
2019-2020 Enrollment as of Oct 1, 2019
2019-2020 Grade and Site Actual Enrollment Variance from Projections
October 21, 2019
November 11, 2019
November 18, 2019
December 9, 2019
January 27, 2020
March 23, 2020
April 13, 2020
ECMAC-related reports at school board meetings
May 14, 2019 work session (previous year wrap-up)
2019-2020 ECMAC Members
Enrollment and Capacity Management Advisory Committee members include community members, school board, and staff. The selection process attempts to develop a group that reflects the communities and racial diversity of families served in Osseo Area Schools.
|Naveen Aggarwal||Carrie Cabe|
|Tonya Allen||Dale Carlstrom|
|Linette Allison||Kate Emmons|
|Isolise Barnes||Steve Flisk|
|Tyisha Brown||Jim Greeley|
|Susan Carter||BJ Irmiter|
|Victoria Chambers||Nick Martini|
|Daniel Cheng||Robin Moe|
|David Dostal||Barb Olson|
|Bernadette Foh||Troy Schreifels|
|Darius Jackson||Kelly Wilson|
|Kathryn Kaminsky||School Board|
|Nick Kaster||Mike Ostaffe|
|Rachel La Fleur||Tanya Simons|
|Jessica Lehman||Industry Expert|
|Todd Lewis||Lynae Schoen|
|Jalloh Mohamed||Ron Meyer|
|Tou ("Lee") Vang|