Food Service Requirements

Osseo Area Schools - District 279

Food Service Food may be served in District schools under the following regulations:

A. Food and beverages must be served in the cafeteria or other approved locations within the school buildings.

B. A Food Service employee must be on duty when the kitchen facilities are used.

C. While potluck meals are generally discouraged in district facilities, anyone wishing to have potluck meals must adhere to laws and regulations established by state and local health departments. (see below)

D. Dinners and banquets may be catered through the District catering service or by an outside catering service.

E. The District Director of Food Service must approve any requests for food service. Food service requests must be submitted to the Director of Food Service a minimum of three weeks in advance of the event


City of Brooklyn Park Food License Requirements:

City of Brooklyn Park Public Health Website  

Application for Itinerant Food License

Application for Mobile Food Unit

For questions contact Brooklyn Park City Hall - Public Health Assistant

Pang Yang

Email Pang Yang


Hennepin County Food License Requirements:

Hennepin County Food, Beverage and Lodging Website

Hennepin County Food License Application

Hennepin County short-term (itinerant) food event license application (PDF).

Exemptions for Faith Based Organizations

For questions of Hennepin County requirements please contact: